Monday, March 19, 2012
Sunday, March 18, 2012
Put the ingredients listed below and voila! the above card emerged. First I covered the white sticky piece of paper with a piece of lace. Red glitter was liberally applied to the entire surface. Once the glitter was shaken off, the lace was removed and the red/white glittery background was created. The flowers were stamped, colored, and then cut out and cut into individual pieces (fussycut). The Just Rite sentiment was stamped onto a die cut leaf. Distress ink was sponged onto the leave. The flower pieces were covered with distress crackle. Once dried flowers, leaves, and flourish were inserted into a slit made in the ribbon that had been tied around the "lace" background. A double black bow was added and a bit of interest was added with the oval jeweled brad.
The whole of this was then mounted onto a black cardbase which had first been covered with the original lace.
Paper: Black Cardstock, White one sided sticky
Stamps: Just Rite With Sympathy and You Inspire Me
Markers: Copic R14, R24, R27, R29, 110
Ink: Memento Black, Distress Barn Door, Distress Crackle
Glitter: Martha Stewart Garnet
Die: Memory Box Flourish, Spellbinder Leaf
Ribbon: May Arts Black Silk
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Lipton Green Tea to Go
May Arts Silk Ribbon
Black, Silver, White cardstock
White Glitter paper, lavender foil wrapping paper
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
Just Rite Stamps
When Joan's Garden's challenge this week identified recycling a round container, I almost (but not quite passed)...round container?? hmmmm. Then reading Selma's blog I had an oh my goodness moment...I had in the refrigerator a Laughing Cow cheese container. After dumping the cheese, I brought the empty container to my craft table and contemplated. Flowers and Lace. So first I painted the outside of the container a silvery color (I used Luna Lights paint), then I banded it with a piece of black cording. I traced a Spellbinders circle on a piece of glossy black cardstock (which had been highlighted with Luna Lights paint - purple, silver etc) and cut it out. Happiness! it just fit the inside of the lid. Next I took some floral "pebbles" (like Dewdrops) and glued them around the edge. Lace....flower.... so I took a length of lace and wound it into a flower...glued it down, then decorated with small premade flowers. Guess what I am now storing in this container? Nope, punched out butterflies actually. I'm not going to throw those Laughing Cow containers away anymore!!
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Challenge number 42 at Outlines Rubber Stamp Company ( http://outlineswithkathy.blogspot.com/ ) inspired me to create the card shown below.
Tulips Bleach It or Not
cardstock (black, yellow, white)
Copic Markers (Yellow, green, black)
Black Soot Distress Ink
Spellbinders Die (labels 1)
May Arts Yellow Silk ribbon,
Black and white twine.
I stamped the image twice and cut out the images with Labels One. The inner part of the outer frame was highlighted with black copic marker (Just a little bit lopsided lol!) I turned the uncolored image to a 90 degree angle and mounted it on top of the colored image using pop dots. The whole was then mounted on a larger Labels One that had been distressed. A ribbon flower and a bit of twine embellished the length of ribbon that I placed under the top frame. A black 5" square card base was used.