Tuesday, August 17, 2010

************School Days JustRite 031







What a challenge! I thought and thought, what to stamp/create. A lunch box? A wall hanging, but, wait a minute...I like making cards. So a card to take to teacher is what I made. School Days ireminds me of Reading Writing and Arithmetic, books, paper, etc so that became my focal point. I created the book cover using my computer (for words) and red mulberry paper. The book's spine is black mulberry paper. The pages of the book were created by gluing down parallel lines of glitzy gold thread. I cut a slit to insert the bookmark. "For My Teacher" was stamped using the font from JustRite's Special Occasion font on a gold Spellbinders tag. School Days". The "School Days" on the front of the book was stamped with same JustRite font on a gold small oval (Spellbinders of course!) and backed in black by a scalloped oval. I mounted the book on school paper (I think by Imaginisce). Next I stamped the paper with letters using the same Just Rite font in black. A contrast to the small black alphabet was created by embossing letters from JustRite Deluxe Monogram wet with Zing embossing powrFor the bookmark, I stamped (Stazon Black) the apples from JustRite's Autumn Blessings on acetate. I colored the image with Art Institute glitter. Then, I cut out the image and afixed it to a length of cardstock that was covered with satin green and red ribbon. The final piece was adding a purchased tassel. Now teacher can be greeted with a special card (personal message inside) and use the bookmark to mark the lesson's place. Whew a lot of steps to make but fun to have made.

5 comments:

  1. This is an AWESOME project -- LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book, bookmark, alphabet and apples, simply perfect for a teacher!

    Love the use of letters as the background and shimmering apples, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific idea. I can see this for many types of cards for friends who are big readers too. Thank you very much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I am blown away by the basket full of apples! It's the prettiest I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.