Tuesday, February 1, 2011

******Love is in the Air JustRite 047






 
Would you care for a slice of cake that was made to celebrate Love is in the Air (JustRite's 047challenge)?   Oh! wait a minute....the cake is a paper creation.  Starting with Just Rite's Wedding Stamp Ensemble, the sentiment was stamped on pearlized pink cardstock then surrounded by seed pearls.  It became the focal point of the topper which I created out of several silk flowers.  Before the topper could be afixed to the cake....the cake had to be made!  I first found a template on the internet for a cake slice, then "got smart" when my daughter reminded me there was one in Cricut's Tags and Bags cartridges.  So firing up the cricut I proceded to cut 18 slices of cake: 9 large, 9 small.  Each piece was then embossed (frosting swirls) and enhanced with Stickles Stardust (can you see the glitter on the swirls?) .  Lots of glue (and patience) was then used to form each paper piece into a 3 dimensional cake slice.  Next the pieces were shaped to form the cake and each slice was defined by running a strip of seed pearls down the "cut" lines.  The cake was "baked" and the fun of decorating it began.  I selected white, pink, and pale lavender as my colors in keeping with an "airy" feel.  I admit it....I had many moments of frustration and almost "ditched" the whole project....Love is in the Air?  more like Bah Blech (the blizzard we are having now  outside); but I crafted on and here it is!  Ready to be a centerpiece for a special table/event. 

4 comments:

  1. Lots of hard work that will make a very nice center piece for someone. The embossing makes it look very real. WTG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous !!
    We are also in a blizzard. 6 foot drifts in front of my front door and garage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating in the JustRite Friday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome creation, Lynn! My DD came by recently just to see it up close too!!! Very lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.