Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Color Me Silver or Purple JR #68

Choose a color....first Silver, then lavender. Hrad to choose, so I made one of each! I used a template for a mug that I had and printed it off, first on silver then on white cardstock  I outlined the "inside" with coordinating black cardstock/lavender foil.  Using a die I cut the two flourishes and liberally applied the butterflies.  "Dream Big" is the sentiment I chose to compliment the project design.  It is too warm for cocoa, so I chose a single packet of Lipton's Green tea (yum!)  Using a black and white design paper I covered the tea packet, added a bow, and slipped it inside the mug.  I'm thinking I will use these mugs as a "gift card" holder for an upcoming graduation gift.  It was fun to design each mug with subtle differences.For example, on the lavender card, the image was stamped directly onto the mug; on the silver mug I embossed "Dream Big" onto a torn circle upon which the JR butterfly garden stamp was first used.
Card Ingredients
Lipton Green Tea to Go
May Arts Silk Ribbon
Black, Silver, White cardstock
White Glitter paper, lavender foil wrapping paper
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
Just Rite Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.