Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thank You says......JustRite 039 &Joan's Garden 18

This week Just Rite chllenged us in part, to create a Thank You card; Joan's Garden's challenge was to make a card using a die cut flower, a vertical paper strip, a swirl, and alteing the cardstock.  For this card, I decided to combine the two challenge together. (Whew! that is actually harder than I thought it wold be!)This card "grew" from a recent statement from a minister's sermon.  He said  "the words Thank You are an expression of Love".  And I thought about it....we say Thank You to show appreciation, appreciation is a facet of love; thus I thought Thank You Says Love Says Thank You in an unending circle. Hearts cut from Spellbinders formed petals upon which I stamped: Thank You (Just Rite's Just a Note set), Says an Love (Just Rite's Special Occasions 50 and 15 pt font set).  After distressing the edges, I used them to form the inner petals of the Spellbinder Die Cut Blossom (which I had run through the Swiss Dots cuttlebug (look closely!).  Instead of a brad or a button, I used a hand made dimensional flower for the blossom's center. Rhinestone swirls and a touch of glitter pen on the background paper and strip added a touch of bling to the card.  The last thing I did was prick the border of the card with a stylus.  I love that you viewed this card....Thank You!

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful card. I love the stamping on the flower petals. A very unique idea.
    Greaet colors too!

    Thanks so much for playing Joan's Gardens #18 Weekly Challenge. It is so much fun!

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out to be very nice. Love the flower in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful thank you card -- thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.