Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Challenge Box

Oh!  what a great challege/tutorial that is at Joan's Garden.  Her garden blooms with flowers.  The challenge was to take a regular piece of typing paper and following the directions create a hammered metal look.  Instead of a cigar box which was highlighted in the http://glendabrooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/very-first-guest-designer-for-joans.html%20l tutorial  (which I didn't have) I repurposed an empty Schwan's box.  Instead of white typing paper, I had a piece of black and used silver, frosty blue, and a touch of pink Luna Lights paint (didn't have any reinkers!)  I love the resulting look!  Next was to create a paper flower - the tutorial used Spellbinders, ah ha!  so I did too.  After spraying color on the dozens of petal layers, I pierced them with a pearl brad.  The rest was box top decoration.  I wanted a simple/classic elegance which I tried to create using pearls, white roses, and a lace headband.  Lace headband?  Yep, that is what I am going to store in my new box!
Thank you Joan's Garden :)

3 comments:

  1. I love what you did! My tutorial was about using what you have. You took this and made it your own! We don't always have the latest products or the finest papers but we can still make something beautiful. Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your box. I agree with Glenda, it was great seeing you use what you have. Very nice job!

    Thanks so much for partipating in last week's challenge. I am glad you tried Glenda's technique and it worked for you!

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a creative project that has so many possible uses. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.