Sunday, June 26, 2011

Swarovski Crystal Cat

Well, it may be 98 degress outside at 7:30pm ...soooo hot!  A perfect time to think of Halloween coming...cooler weather for sure!  Outlines Rubber stamps has a Keep it Krafty challenge - use Kraft paper as a focal point of the card.along with an Outlines rubber stamp.  I took a couple of my favorite Outlines stamps and began. Using Spellbinders ovals, I created the frame for the stamped, embossed in gold, and jeweled (swarovski crystals)Cleopatra Jewel  cat.  A little bit of Stickles was used to accent the round crystals in Cleopatra's ears and eyes. Then I took a piece of Kraft paper and wrinkled it by wadding it in a ball.  I pealed it open, lay it flat, and stamped the large Spooky Layering Collage stamp.  I pop dotted the cat frame on the stamped kraft paper, mounted that on a black paper, and mounted thw whole on the Kraft paper card.  now.....just waiting for Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Love the wrinkled background stamping -- perfect touch for Halloween. And of course a kitty is a perfect stamp choice on any card, in my opinion! The crystals being the only splash of color really makes the kitty pop against the black. Thanks so much for playing along with Outlines!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.