Monday, July 25, 2011

******Beanie Cap Gift Holder


 Looking for a cute gift card/money gift holder?  This one may suit you!  A friend directed me to the following web site http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/beaniecap 
for directions.  I made the beanie following Carolina's directions, then was afraid people where I live wouldn't recognize it as a hat (Winters are fairly mild and hats aren't often worn), so I created a pair of mittens tag (Spellbinders Mittens), made a yarn pompom, and replaced the eyelet with a small brad.    Texture on the hat was done passing the half circles and strips through the Cuttlebug: Damask folder for the hat, Swiss dots for the brim.  If you look very carefully behind the pompom, you might be able to see a small loop of ribbon I added in order to hang this gift holder from the Christmas tree.  I stamped "To:" and  "From:" on the backs of the mittens and used a scrap piece of yarn to attch them to the cap's second brad.   What do you think? 


 
 












1 comment:

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.