Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rock Me



 I guess I come by my fascination with rocks as a natural outcome of growing up with a geologist father!  This card is for him.  He "rocks" as a dad and gave me an appreciation for all that is 'nature'.  So naturally I  have rocks in my yard and with camera in hand snapped a picture of my dry river bed.  Then Unity Stamp Company's July stamp kit had a rocking chair and a "you rock" verbage.  Wouldn't you say it was a natural pairing?  I used my river rock picture as the background paper for the card after first mounting it on a gold foil paper.  The rocking chair and gold frame was cut using Spellbinders ovals.  The chair oval was edged with a marker, dusted with a blue chalk (Pebbles) and accented with Stickles (stars).  "You Rock" was free hand cut then treated the same as the chair piece.  Blue silk ribbon (May Arts) and raffia provided the horizontal elements and a tiny rock was used as an accent in the middle of the knot. 
 Oh, did I mention this card was developed based on the sketch challenge this month at www.unitystampco.com ?

1 comment:

  1. The rocks have made for a very interesting background. This is a very special card and turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.