Muslin - uhm ???, but that was a key "ingredient" at Joan's Garden tutorial challenge. I am always interested in learning new techniques, so off I went to see if I could find a piece of muslin. (I miss that our local Wal-mart no longer carries fabric). But fortunately our senior center quilting ladies let me have a scrap or two. With fabric in hand, I dug out my jar of ModgePodge and went to work. Lana Edwards' tutorial featured muslin, embossing folders, ink and cardstock. I added ribbons, pre-made flowers, pearls, dewdrops, crystal flourish, silk leaves, and a recycled piece of lace cello (I'd saved it from something I got), image from decoupage book, and... Following Lana's directions I cut shapes from Splllbinders Blossom 3 and leaves. I spritzed color on the Swiss Dots embossing folder and ran the muslin images through my Cuttlebug. For the leaves I used the tire track looking folder (leaf veins?). Wanting a bit more color and shimmer, I then used Pebbles chalks to further color the die cuts. Now to make the flower. Recently I had come across a you tube video from Sherry Cheaver that taught how to make this three dimensional flower. Once the flower was made (cut, shape, roll, glue) and I'd cut the image of the Victorian Lady from: The Victorian Scap Gallery book by Dee Davis and Gail B. Cooper. (Thanks Mom for the book!), it was time to put the card together. I mounted the lady on a piece of paper from (oh gosh, I don't know) and framed it with a brown cardstock. Ovals were cut using my Cricut. She was positioned on the "lace" covered green cardstock and that combination was then mounted in the light green card base. Next, I used bits of May Arts mulberry colored sheer ribbon to roll a couple of roses. Then (whew) it was time to construct the card. The muslin flower and leaves were placed on the card and enhanced using the other flowers, ribbons, pearls, and dewdrops. The final touch was the placing the crystal flourish and pearl drop in the upper right hand corner. Done!
My sincere thanks to Lana and Joan's Garden for this challenge. What fun to use the new technique to create this card!