Tuesday, September 21, 2010

****************Scottie...JustRite 036


JustRite's challenge this week was to make a card using the colors of Black, Dark Red, and Ivory with the added twist of a handmade embellishment.  My personal challenge was to find the right balance of the three colors.  It seems a little black Scottie has been a member of my family "always".  So, with my Mom's comment that our Scotties have been black I was off to create a black,red, ivory colored card.  I first found an image of a Scottie on the internet and adapted it to form my scottie pattern.  Once drawn and carefully cut out, I covered "her" with black Flower Soft.  I then crocheted an ivory colored collar with bedspread thread and tied it around her neck.  Three Swarovski crystals (red and  black) added a bit of bling.  I then stamped and embossed (Zing Black Glitter)  a border from JustRite's Christmas Ornament set. I then cut the border out (both inside and outside) using Spellbinders circle dies. I used a dark red marker to add the color.   A larger Spellbinder circle was used to cut out a circle of black, and a smaller one was used to cut out a circle of  ivory that I'd sponged with red and black ink. Pop dots allowed me to add dimension to the layers and little Scottie was mounted inside using a larger pop dot.    MoJo Monday's sketch  this week was borrowed to provide the layout for the card.  Red and black cardstock pieces were cut.  I machine sewed the zigzag to a red strip and  cut a scallop border on a black strip before placing the pieces on the card that had been covered with a piece of black/ivory paper from Paper Studio.  What next? Well a bit of lace, a couple of red buttons, a black bone brad, a black silk ribbon bow (May Arts), and a liberal sprinkling of dark red Swarovski crystals and I believe this card is ready to be given.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I love that flower soft on the dog..it's perfect! I can't believe you crocheted that little collar and border?? The crystals are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so adorable. Who doesn't just love a dog?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.