Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Birthday in Toile

The Stretch Your Stamps online card class today was a fun combination of technique and stamp usage.  One technique that caught my eye was taking a stamp and embossing it in white on white cardstock.   The white embossing "pops" when you then take an ink and apply it all over the card.  Taking a tissue and wiping of excess ink can then brighten the white. (ooops, I forgot to do that on this card).  I absolutely love this Toile background stamp from Unity Stamps!  I decided I wanted the background to be the focal point of the card.  I mounted it on a piece of cardstock, added a strip of ribbon, used a fancy label die, and embossed a Happy Birthday.  A couple of large brads provide the pop of color.  I confess I saw using the bows on each side of a stamped image on a card made by Sharon Johnson and thought it  a perfect design detail for this card.
Supplies
Paper: Cardstocks
Stamps: Unity, JustRite Just a Note Set
Ink: Distress Iced Spruce, Versamark
Embossing Powder: Zing Charcoal
Ribbon:  May Arts
Misc: Brads from ?

3 comments:

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.