Sunday, January 22, 2012

Through the Window


The challenge at Joan's Gardens (http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/01/joans-gardens-3-weekly-challenge.html) was to create a card with the following criteria:
Use a door or window or something similar
Use an out door type of stamp
Use a flourish
Use either an embossing folder or embossing powder

Well, I don't have one of those nifty window dies, so I thought about creating some sort of door.  Then looking at my desktop I saw this picture I'd taken of my grandaughter a couple of weeks ago when we went to the OKC zoo.  They have a viewing area that is a series of framed windows.  Voila...a window!  First I arranged the picture so that it would print at the bottom of the page.  Once printed, I folded the card then carefully cut away the "glass" from the center frame around that cute little girl ( my grandaughter).  Then using a piece of vellum, a Panda stamp by Great Impressions, and grassey twigs by Cornish Heritage Farms, I created an imaginary view of what she saw through the window. (Actually there were a few very pink flamingoes).  I took a Spellbinders label and embossed "at the zoo" on the cut out vellum.  Two twinkly black brads attached the label to to front of the card.  For the flourish, I used a swag of black pearls....like the swag of a curtain perhaps? 
Hmmm....I guess a rather different take on a window/door card, but one that will remind us of the fun day we had at the zoo.

1 comment:

  1. Great variation on the "window"! And what a sweet picture :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.