Sunday, January 15, 2012

Outlines 34 Winter Wonderland

One of my favorite stamps from Outlines Rubber Stamps is this Snowman in a thicket or trees.  The shadows make it feel like a late afternoon winter's day.  A great stamp to use for this week's challenge http://outlineswithkathy.blogspot.com/.  I took the stamp and inked it with Memento Paris Dusk, then stamped it on a cardstock paper by SEI.  I then embossed it with Zing clear embossing powder.  Once set, I covered it with a dryer sheet and smoosched it with Art Institute Pearl glitter.  Just like the setting sun glittering on the cold snow...except, unfortunately my photography skills just don't do justice to the "twinkle"...oh well!  The snowman scene was layered using the "same" piece of paper and a sliver of silver foil paper.  The whole was then mounted on a coordinating card base.  So, even though the temperature here is supposed to be 70 degrees, I can look at a bit on winter!

2 comments:

  1. I know the twinkle is spectacular on this in person! The dryer sheet technique is hard to take a photo of!! I love this stamp too! Wonderful card for the WInter Challenge, so glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! We are having our first snow right now! Not enough for a cute snowman like this though! Thanks for sharing with us at Outlines this week! ♥ Sue K

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like receiving a smile; thank you for leaving one.